By attending this program,
you will receive 7 from
Message from the
"For information on how this activity fits in the Royal College Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program, please visit the Royal College’s website (royalcollege.ca/moc). For more personalized support, please contact the Royal College Services Centre (1-800-461-9598) or your local CPD Educator."
- Explain and interpret the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for major depression.
- Identify appropriate MDD screening and monitoring tools.
- Review and interpret the CANMAT depression treatment guidelines.
- Categorize and compare the unique characteristics of antidepressant treatments and apply the treatment algorithm in daily practice.
- Demonstrate medication discontinuation and switching strategies.
- Appraise the management of partial & non-responders.
- Identify risk factors that suggest depression treatment should be long-term.