By attending this program,
you will receive 7 from
Message from the
"For information on how this activity fits in the Royal College Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program, please visit the Royal College’s website. For more personalized support, please contact the Royal College Services Centre (1-800-461-9598) or your local CPD Educator."
- Explain and interpret the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for bipolar disorder, including the spectrum of bipolar presentations.
- Identify appropriate bipolar screening and monitoring tools.
- Identify evidence-based strategies for differentiating unipolar and bipolar depression.
- Review and interpret the CANMAT bipolar treatment guidelines.
- Categorize and compare the unique characteristics of bipolar treatments and apply the treatment algorithm in daily practice, including appropriate use of combination treatment strategies.
- Identify the characteristics of individuals who might benefit from long-acting injectable antipsychotic treatments.